The SME Forum is a collegial, collaborative community where professionals can grow, connect and learn from one another. This discussion board is an extension of our core values and group goals. Please participate actively, regularly to help spread learnings and be aware of the guidelines to maintain our community as a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
In 2018 Hazem took over the SME Forum and focuses most of his efforts there. Since its founding nearly 20 years ago, The Forum has been a growing dynamic community of practitioners from the Asset Management industry who have roles in supporting the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Technology departments of their respective organizations. The deep degrees of trust in sharing best practices, avoiding pitfalls, and learning from one another are hallmarks of how valuable this community continues to be for each firm and the individual employeesAs one of the original members, he has been a continual driver of the Forum’s growth and maturity since its inception in 2003. Initially the senior representative for OppenheimerFunds, he grew to be a leader in the development of the CRM Forum, providing guidance, mentorship, facilitation and participation in various aspects of the organization’s events over the years. Hazem took over ownership and primary responsibilities for running the organization in 2018. He also continues to provide consulting services to the industry under his Thoth Advisory Services organization.Prior to the Forum, Hazem spent more than fifteen years at OppenheimerFunds in several roles, always as a proven change agent to help define and implement appropriate and necessary improvements to propel the business. He worked most closely with the sales and marketing divisions directing their technology needs and adoption, onboarding third-party services, in addition to portfolios such as data management, reporting and analytics, business continuity and disaster recovery, among other responsibilities.Initially a hotelier, he was soon pulled from his operational responsibilities at Swissotels to help lead the management consulting arm where he delivered improvements in guest experiences, employee satisfaction and bottom line margin growth for the hotel owners in the US, China and Europe in conjunction with world class consultancies such as McKinsey, Andersen, Boston Consulting Group, and Arthur D Little.
- We strongly encourage you to share your perspectives, experiences, and knowledge as much as possible.
- Offer sources, resources, links and content that will be relevant to the discussion you are in.
- If you feel that it would be better to engage in a more controlled environment, contact the admin who will quickly organize another means of deepening the discussion.
- Always maintain a high level of professionalism and treat other members with respect.
- Please be considerate in the language you use and think about the readers when you write!
- Please do not post any information that would be proprietary or otherwise considered the intellectual property of your firm or any other material, non-public information.
- We will never publish anything shared here that can be attributable to any person or firm.